- Pork tenderloin
- Fresh apricots
- Goat cheese
- Pine nuts
- Fresh thyme
- Pinch of lavender buds
- ½ shallot
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Kitchen twine
- Toast the pine nuts in a pan until slightly brown.
- Chop the fresh apricots and shallot into small pieces.
- Mix the pine nuts, apricots, and shallots with soft goat cheese, a pinch of lavender buds, chopped fresh thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Butterfly the tenderloin by slicing down the middle longways but not cutting all the way through.
- Butterfly the tenderloin open and add more salt and pepper to the inside. Add the goat cheese mixture to the inside of the tenderloin and close it back up.
- Tie it shut with kitchen twine.
- You can bake, grill, or smoke the tenderloin. Cook it to your preference. (We usually cook it to medium so there’s still a little pink inside. Enjoy with Ramato.
- Recipe by Jason Woodbury